- Admission Requirements: Students must have a minimum of a high school diploma or a General Education Development Certificate (GED). Students must be beyond the age of compulsory high school attendance as prescribed by local law. Students must agree to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by CareerWize in its School Catalog and this Enrollment Agreement. Strong skills in reading, writing, and speaking standard American English are recommended.
- Transfer of Prior Credit: CareerWize does not accept course credit from other educational institutions. CareerWize does not offer challenge exams in order to waive participation in a program. Students are encouraged to complete all program materials in order to adequately develop and refine their skills in preparation for the final exam and in preparation to get a job, regardless of prior training or experience.
- Right to Rescind: The right to rescind shall mean the right of the Student to rescind the “Agreement”, which the Student must exercise (if he or she so chooses) in writing. This is a three-business-day cooling off period during which time the Student may rescind the contract and receive a refund of all money paid. The cooling off period may not end prior to midnight of the third business after the latest of the following days:
- the day the student signs an enrollment agreement
- the day the student pays the institution an initial deposit or first payment
toward tuition and fees; or
- the day that the student first visits the institution, if the program lasts
more than 30 consecutive calendar days
- Enrollment Period: The CareerWize program is designed to be completed in approx. 600-800 hours. Extensions of time to complete the course are available. All extensions are subject to the current extension policy at the time an extension is purchased.
- Final Exam: CareerWize encourages the Student to complete all unit tests and coding practicum exercises prior to taking the final exam. The final exam consists of two parts: an objective portion and a practicum portion. Each portion of the final exam must be completed with a score of 80% or higher to pass. In the event a student does not pass the exam, he or she may retake the final exam in accordance with CareerWize’s policies, procedures and fees in effect when the final exam retake is requested. Successful students will be awarded a certificate of graduation. All Program fees must be paid in full before final exam will be administered.
- Warranties and Representations of Applicant: In signing the application the Student represents that he/she is eighteen (18) years of age or older, or if under age eighteen (18), that his/her parent or legal guardian has read this agreement and agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement as attested to by their signature on the front of this application or agreed to in the terms and conditions of the online agreement.
- Effective of Acceptance of Enrollment Application: Upon acceptance by CareerWize of the signed Application (unless rescinded as provided herein), this document is binding and may not be thereafter changed in full or in part except by written amendment to this agreement. CareerWize, LLC neither warrants nor represents the applicant is qualified for medical coding, or upon successful completion of the program will be so qualified and because students’ aptitudes vary and job markets change, CareerWize cannot and does not now or in the future either written or verbally guarantee job placement to graduates upon their successful completion of the program.
- Late Fees and Collection Costs: Payments are due by the 25th of each month unless otherwise specified. Automatic charges occur on either the 5th (if enrolled between the 1st and the 15th), or the 20th (if enrolled between the 16th and the 31st) of the month. Late payments will be assessed a fee of $15 per incident and returned payments will be assessed a fee of $18 per returned check or chargeback. In the event that full payment is not made as specified, the applicant (Student) agrees to pay all collection costs, including: interest on the outstanding portion of the bill at a rate of eighteen percent (18%) per annum, reasonable attorney fees, and a collection agency commission of up to forty percent (40%)
- Information Release: The Applicant (Student) represents that all of the information provided to CareerWize in the Application for Enrollment is true and correct to the best of his/her knowledge and may be relied upon by CareerWize. The applicant authorizes CareerWize and its Representative, Agent or Assignee to make whatever inquiries it deems necessary in the program of review or collection of any credit extended in reliance on this application. The Applicant further authorizes any person or Consumer Reporting Agency to complete and furnish to CareerWize and its Representative, Agent, or Assignee, any information that it may have or obtain in response to any such inquiries. A photocopy of this form is to be treated as an original.
- Applicable Law: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah. The parties agree that venue shall be in Utah for any disputes arising between the parties and both parties agree to waive any right to assert otherwise. In any action between the parties which arises out of or relates to this Warranties and Conditions, the prevailing party, in addition to all other rights or remedies, shall be entitled to an award of its costs incurred in connection with the action, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs. The invalidity or un-enforceability of any particular provision of this Agreement shall be construed as if such invalid or unenforceable provision was omitted.
- Copyright Information: All contents of CareerWize’s books, program content and presentations of all educational materials are copyrighted under the laws of the United States. You may not copy or reproduce these materials in any form and agree that you will not. This includes the sharing of passwords or access information to the online version of the program materials. Violators of this policy are subject to immediate dismissal from the program and legal remedies without refund or recourse. The program materials and associated program enrollment are licensed to the Applicant/Student only and are non-transferable. Exceptions to this are by the express written consent of CareerWize only.
- Placement Assistance: Placement assistance is offered only to students who enroll in the graduate services option. Placement assistance includes lifetime CareerWize graduate membership, resume review, placement consultation with CareerWize placement sta , and any other services consistent with the current policies regarding the Graduate Services Program.
- Appropriate Conduct: All students with access to the CareerWize student help threads and social platforms agree to conduct themselves appropriately using these resources in a positive manner to bene t themselves and other students. Illegal conduct, profane language, and inappropriate discussions are considered a violation of this policy and can result in immediate dismissal from the program and the pursuit of legal remedies without refund or recourse.
- Re-enrollment Policy: If student has been dismissed from the program for any reason or have allowed their enrollment and/or extensions to lapse for a period of longer than six months, they can apply for re-enrollment in the program. The cost of re-enrollment is 60% of the cost of the program. This will o er another four (4) month enrollment period. Re-enrolling students will receive new materials. Upgrade or extra options are chargeable at 100%.
REGISTERED UNDER THE UTAH POSTSECONDARY PROPRIETARY SCHOOL ACT
(Title 13, Chapter 34, Utah Code).
Registration under the Utah Proprietary School Act does not mean that the State of Utah supervises, recommends, nor accredits the institution. It is the student’s responsibility to determine whether credits, degrees, or certificates from the institution will transfer to other institutions or meet employer’s training requirements. This may be done by calling the prospective school or employer. The institution is not accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education.